Friday, February 19, 2010

Experiences

Some cute pictures from the last two weeks:








Last week, ok about 10 long days ago I was at the doctor with Ezra--just for a one week check up. I was asking the doctor about something and he said something that has stuck in my head since, for better or worse. He said, "Well, you are an experienced mother and you know blah, blah..." So he didn't say blah, blah, but he just continued on with his thought.
Here are my thoughts--since when did I graduate from being a "new mom" or even better "young mom" into an experienced mother?! To me, there are implications with this label, some good, some that need a little more acceptance on my part!
The good: I sorta know what I'm doing! I feel more confident in my decisions regarding the daily care of my children. We have five beautiful children to show for all this experience.
The part that needs more personal acceptance: I have way more gray hairs than when Julia was born. I have a wrinkle by left eyebrow that has somehow gotten a lot more apparent in the last four months! I worry more now about the safety and well being of my children than I did when I was a "new mom"--I guess it's true that ignorance is bliss!
I would love to compile a list of my funniest/most embarrassing/most stressful mom moments that have gotten me to this point of titled experience. But, that could be summed up with just what I woke up to this very morning:
Jack singing the Star Spangled Banner 50 times in a row because in his words, he feels like he needs to know it! Adam complaining to Jack that he is giving him a headache, even though Adam is playing with a play hammer at the same time. Julia throwing herself on my bed saying that I don't understand how tired she is. (Really?!, try waking up 3 times a night with new baby!) Luke squealing for me to come get him out of his crib while he throws his blanket, tiger and pillow out of his crib. And Ezra chiming in, to watch all the fun.
So, the list is endless, because something new happens every single day as a mother that is hilarious, stressful, embarrassing, worrysome and heartwarming---a constant cycle, just to make it worthy to get up everyday for more!

*On the pictures, I never know how they are going to look--somehow they don't show up for me on the preview. Anyway, here is Ezra at two weeks old, possibly getting sick of all the pictures! Ezra wearing the darling hat that my sister, Cari, made for him. Luke being cute! Adam all bundled up for Joy School. And yes, I need to take more pictures of Julia and Jack--it's on the list!

2 comments:

melanie said...

those are such cute pictures. i think the top picture of ezra looks like adam and the middle picture of luke looks like indy. :) cute kids!

Debbie Savage said...

Every time I read your post I think to myself "Seriously, Cort should write a book!" I love what you say and how connected you are to each detail in your life by living each moment. I love you and your children are beautiful! I hope it won't be too long till we see each other again!