Thursday, April 24, 2008

Birthdays!!













We have had a birthday blitz at our house...Jack and Adam's birthdays are just a few days apart. We've gotten through birthday parties and now I think I am going to miss leftover cake sitting around!
Jack had an outer space/astronaut birthday party with a few friends. He was sooo excited to finally have his birthday come. First thing in the morning, as I am still waking up, I hear Jack wake up and from the hallway yell, "MOM, Look how 5 years old I look!"
Aaron's parents had taken the boys out a week before their birthdays and they were spoiled with gifts and McDonald's playland. And then it was fun to have my parents come up to our house on Jack's birthday and spoil them some more! They got so many fun things and all the gifts were a hit.
Adam has taking over for Jack's love of froggy boots and Jack decided that the best place to use his new shovel and pail was in the potato field---I'm sure he has messed up at least a few potatoes, but he claims, he needs to dig holes for the bugs!
I quickly realized that Adam was two on the morning of his birthday when I gave him a bowl of cut up strawberries and I ate one and he freaked out, threw the bowl, with strawberries flying everywhere, grabbed my mouth with one hand, and then with the other hand reached into my mouth to try to retrieve his strawberry, all the while screaming, "mine, mine." Otherwise, he was really cute all day!
He was in heaven with his Blue's Clues party--he loves blue's clues, loves the songs and does his own version of them all the time. I have to give a big thanks to darling Julia for being such a wonderful party planner and being so thoughtful with thinking out all the details! She was so excited to give her brothers presents that she had bought with "her own money". Aaron and I are so thankful for these beautiful children!
**Don't look close at the cakes---cake decorating is not my thing!!**


3 comments:

Cari said...

How fun! Love Adams Blue ears and froggy boots. And, seriously, can Jack get any cuter? I loved his comment! Looks like Julia did do a great job planning some fun parties for her Bo Bo Brothers! I love those kids!

By the way, that is one BEAUTIFUL home you've got! You've done a great job!

Mindy said...

Your cakes are cute! The boys are just going to remember that you loved them enough to take the time to make them a cake they were interested in!
I am absolutely in LOVE with the froggy boots (and the fact that Adam is helping the bugs in the potato fields!)

Melissa said...

I love all your cute decorating you did on the wall. Looks like they both had great birthdays.

It was fun to see your house in the pictures, it looks so good.