Saturday, April 5, 2008

Back to the Books....


I am excited to say that Aaron has been accepted to the Executive MBA program at the U. It starts this August and will go through April of 2010. It meets on weekends, alternating Fridays and Saturdays. This will work out well with his work schedule of working four 10 hour days. His work is very supportive of this. I am excited to have the chance to have weekends to shop, hang out with family and be back in the city!
We try to talk to the kids about education and what they can be when they grow up, but I'm pretty sure their only concept of college is when Steve from Blue's Clues goes off to college and learns about cool stuff like music and outer space!
I'm very excited for this new adventure in our family's life--we both feel really good about it and feel like it's the right time to take on this challenge. I know that Aaron will be doing all the work, but I somehow feel like we both got accepted because I was so involved in gathering all the information, the application process and insisting on a new suit for the interview!
Even though I know it will be a sacrifice, I feel confident in Aaron's ability and I know the Lord will help us through the stressful times. And we will definitely be investing in a car dvd player for the extra driving!

3 comments:

Rob and Mare said...

I am soo proud of you Aar! You are always going above and beyond. I look up to you so much. And Cort, I know you had a ton to do with it too. You are so amazing at supporting Aaron. He's one lucky guy. Congrats! And hopefully I'll get to see more of you guys too:)

Cari said...

Aaron,
I never doubted you'd get in. Congratulations!!!
Thank you for always setting such a great example for everyone. My boys (especially Jake) really look up to you. Thanks!

And Cortney,
You know what they say, "Behind every good man is a good woman" and that holds true for you. I'm sure Aaron would have a hard time accomplishing what he has without your support. We love you guys and are so happy for you! And, I'm hoping this means we'll be able to see each other more.

Jake and Jana Chambers said...

That is so cool! We are especially excited that you will be in town more often! Let us know if you need anything while you are here:) Congratulations!