Thursday, May 22, 2008

the difference between boys and girls...

so, two nights ago aaron and i decided to go into the hospital because my contractions had been regular for several hours and they increased to five minutes apart for a couple of hours. well, long story short we stayed at the hospital for three hours and the contractions were 2-4 minutes apart the whole time, but they weren't helping me dilate any more than i already was, so i guess they were just for fun---how fun!

so, anyway during this time we had to have a nice neighbor come and sit over night with the sleeping kids. so, after being home for 10-15 minutes and Jack says, "so, did the doctor get the baby out or not?"
he cracks me up---so simplistic! i guess he didn't think through the fact that we would probably have a baby with us if i had had him and i would hope to look a little different myself!

well, when julia got home from school it was a different story---she came through the door, shouting out, "where's the baby?" all excited! i had to dash her high hopes and tell her he didn't come yet, and she got really upset and said she wanted the baby now!
don't we all!

5 comments:

Cari said...

Poor Julia! Isn't that just like a Bo-bo brother!
"I'm coming...Just kidding!"

Rob and Mare said...

Haha! Love it! I love to see how their minds work.

By the way I LOVE the name Will! (and I'm not just saying that to be nice. Your email was funny):) Hope you're doing okay. And I can't wait to hear when the good news comes!

Rob and Mare said...

I LOVE the name Luke too!:)

Cari said...

Luke Newell! I LOVE it too! I can't wait to meet him!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Hey Cortney,

I found your blog through Debbie's blog and have checked it out a couple of times over the past couple of months!!! Congrads on ALMOST having a baby! Hopefully, next time it will come. We still need to "hook up" when you come to Logan. My husband asks when we are "going to have that Grace ID couple from your high school reunion over for dinner." I'm having a baby in a month so hopefully after that we can play. Your family is so cute!!!
Michelle JOhnnie