Sunday, June 8, 2008

Introducing....

Here is our handsome baby boy, Luke Newel Chambers:


The week started off like this:
Then after a blur of events, this happened:


*The nurses set him there to run a little test on him, so thats why he's there and not in my arms, but this picture cracks me up, like a little foreshadowing of the next chapter of my life!*

The kids instantly loved Luke, Adam loves him a distant kind of a way! But, Julia and Jack are very hands on!
Luke was a healthy 8 lb 14 oz and 20 1/2 inches long, even at two weeks early! He is doing great, however he is jaundice, so since we came home, we haven't really been able to stay home, which put a huge damper on my plans to stay in pajamas for at least a week! We've had to take him every day back to the doctor to get blood drawn to test his levels, which brings me to my love hate relationship with this contraption that he has to lay on all the time other than eating and diaper changes:
I'm glad it is helping get rid of the jaundice, but I am so sick of it! We are hoping that tomorrow his level will be down enough to say goodbye to this for good!
We've had a few different people ask about his middle name, Newel, it's my great grandpa's name---I will try to scan a cute picture I have of me and him when I was little. I am excited to have a child named after him, he was such a kind person and growing up I was always really intrigued with his life, I always wanted to know more.
Anyway, what a week! I am hoping to have that pajama week this week!

12 comments:

Craig and Cricket said...

oh my goodness Cortney, he is adorable! I can't wait to see him and hold him. I cracked up when i saw the cute picture of you and Luke on the bed. Sometimes that is what it seems like a big blur! Love you both, talk to you soon.

Rob and Mare said...

I can't wait to meet him. He is adorable! I love his name too! Can't wait to see you guys! (hopefully soon!)

Melissa said...

He is so cute! I love the little brown pants and the blanket. I like that you put the before picture, you look great! Hopefully tomorrow will be the last time you have to go to Logan. Good Luck!

Cari said...

What a doll! I can't wait to see him! Hopefully pajama days are coming soon. I'm so glad you named him after Grandpa Warner. He was such a great man and I always loved his name. See you soon! :)

mandy said...

Eeee! He is adorable! I have a little present for him that I'll try to get in the mail this week. I can't wait to hold him and smell his newborn-ness! I hope you're feeling good amidst all the craziness! Love ya!

Shelli Sivert said...

Cortney, I'm so glad you checked our blog page! All my email addresses are on my work computer, which I've abandoned. I can't believe it's number four for you! Blessings upon blessings. We are so happy with our little Jed. It has been an amazing experience. We'll have to get together at some point soon. Love ya, Shelli

Craig and Cricket said...

This is Liberty talking...Luke is so cute. I can't wait to see him. Tell Julia, Jack & Adam hello. Have fun!

Amateur Steph said...

Hi guys! This is Mike and Stephanie Chambers. Congratulations on your new baby boy. He's so cute.

Jake and Jana Chambers said...

Cortney! He is so cute. And I think the name fits him perfectly!:) I'm glad everything went well! Also, thank you so so much for your shower gift. That is probably the last thing you should have been thinking about, let alone all the neat stuff in it! The outfits are so cute and I love Aveeno products! Thank you so much! Let us know if you need anything!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Congrads! He is handsome and BIG!!!

Rob and Mare said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRHTDAY AARON!!! Hope you're having a good one!

Debbie Savage said...

Love the pictures! He is so adorable! He looks like a little chubby one already. Love that! We are so happy for you! And Happy Belated Birthday to Aaron! Commenting on your earlier post I am in my PJs all of the time and I did not have a baby recently. My baby is now 2!