Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Aaron!

So, I am someone that takes at least a month to even catch my breath from having a baby, let alone "bounce back", whatever the heck that means, but people love to say it! I think a more accurate description of how I feel would be that I am currently being tossed around and maybe eventually will bounce back----back to whatever the new normal will be. But, I have managed to get little things accomplished today, but every night around this time I think---do I relax or do I try to get something done while Luke is sleeping, the kids are occupied and I have a couple of hours before I tackle getting them to bed---I think tonight I will relax!
Today is Aaron's birthday--Happy Birthday! I know it's all relative and 32 is actually really young, but dang it is sounding very grown up to me! 32, four kids, tripping over toys on the ground, cringing when we see crayon colored on the wall, you know the norm----these are all the things that we are supposed to enjoy now because we will miss them later!
The kids and I did a little makeshift birthday party for Aaron, I wish I could've done more, but I was actually proud that I made a cake, rather than just buy the pre-made hostess cupcakes (which I was tempted to do!) and we were able to get him some of his favorite treats, a couple of shirts and a couple of books. Even though this birthday is boring with long hours at work, trying to catch up on sleep (for both of us!), I hope he has had a great day---he deserves it!
Here are some cute updated pictures of baby Luke:

I am already so smitten with how cute he is!
He is growing fast---at his two week appt. he had grown an inch and was up to 9lb 7 oz!

4 comments:

Cari said...

Happy Birthday Aaron!

Way to go on getting a cake made! I seriously don't know how you are doing it right now with Aaron working such hard, long hours. Hopefully things can calm down a little for you guys soon.

Luke is such a doll! I just emailed you a couple pictures from my trip there.

Amanda said...

Cortney and Aaron
CONGRATULATIONS on Luke he is adorable! And Happy Birthday Aaron!
What an amazing family! You're kids looks so big, and they are each so cute. Take it easy!
Love you,
Amanda

Mindy said...

I think you doing any kind of birthday party after having a baby only a few weeks ago is amazing!
Luke is perfect and I am sure you will "bounce" back much quicker than you think!
Can't wait to see you in Grace!!!

Jake and Jana Chambers said...

Cortney! Luke is so cute! I am getting so excited.. only about 7 more weeks!! And good job having a birthday for Aaron so soon after, plus three other cute little kids! We are excited to see you guys!