Tuesday, September 23, 2008

attack of the bees!

there is never a dull moment around here---last night the kids were playing outside and julia comes running in and screams, "the yellow jackets are attacking the boys!!!" jack was right behind her screaming at the top of his lungs and poor adam was just in a standstill on the grass hill with bees swarming all around him---aaron jetted out to adam while i was frantically trying to get all the freaky creatures off of jack--there were three still stuck to his head, which in turn made for more screaming as they flew around the house---for several minutes i'm pretty sure everyone in our house was screaming! so, after a lot of screaming and many tears--we realized that jack and adam had each been stung four times---it was not a fun two hours for that benadryl to really kick in! jack's poor ear was all red---but, they finally fell asleep and they seemed to be a lot better today, but i have declared it a stay inside day!

5 comments:

Mindi B said...

How awful!!! I can just see you and Aaron running about trying to take care of everything with scared, screaming children. Those darn bees!

Rob and Mare said...

How terrifying! Poor kids:( But I did have to smile when you said Adam was frozen out on the grass. I can just picture him:) I love that kid! Hope the itch is wearing off

Cari said...

everytime I think of this, i'm so glad they didn't have an alergic reaction. I hate bees! give them a big hug for me!

Craig and Cricket said...

that had to be horrible. i can't imagine the stress! I hope all is well.

Debbie Savage said...

Holy cow! That is absolutely scary! I am so sorry! What a day! I hope they get feeling better soon.