Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Joy

I've been thinking a lot about President Monson's talk about finding joy in the journey of life. I have had a lot on my mind lately, but I have realized that there are little things each day that give me a smile and bring joy in my life. I would also be amiss if I didn't mention that every time I hear the the word joy, I am brought back to Joy School--"Oh Boy, I've Got Joy!"---If you know this song, you'll get a laugh out of this! So, here are some little things that have made me smile in the last couple of days....

Aaron gets the Wall Street Journal everyday as part of his MBA program. So, the other day Jack grabbed the paper and sat down in the chair and gave out this really dramatic sigh (like, "look at me, I'm reading something important") I just watched him, I didn't want to get in the way of his curiosity. So, after a good 5 minutes of careful study, he got up and said, "Look mommy, they are so happy because they got their freedom." Not too far off from the original story---another great Jack moment!
Julia lost her other front tooth! As a mom, I feel like there are a lot of things I do, but pulling teeth out is not one of them! I am hands off with that one, it grosses me out. So, after several days of it being really loose, it came out at school.Also, I rediscovered a wonderful treat from my childhood. We've had little ones sick around here the last few days, so I had some saltine crackers on hand. Well, I had a blast from the past when I decided to make some frosting to go with those crackers---yep, frosting and saltine crackers to make a yummy sweet and salty little sandwich treat! So good! Don't knock it until you try it.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

How fun! I love that you don't love teeth and mouths (I'm obsessed), can we still be friends?
My neighbors and I are doing "Joy School" I love that you brought the song up.

Craig and Cricket said...

saltines & frosting what a great combo. i did that with my cooking classes once and they thought it was so amazing! funny how little things bring joy!

Melissa said...

I love that story about Jack. He is such a cute kid!

Melissa said...

Also I love that talk by President Monson. I just read it last night, now I need to just apply what I learned. :)

Rob and Mare said...

Oh I can't wait to see your kids. I miss them. And I can't remember if I commented on your last "All In One Day" post, but I can't stop thinking about those adorable pictures. They are so cute! Come see us soon!