Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Moments...(Have I already had that title? I'm getting lazy!)

I have had so many moments in the last few days that have felt so happy! My children have been doing cute things that just make my heart smile. I don't care if that sounds cheesy, it's true!



Jack wrote this song on Sunday. Ok, I know that it is only one sentence, but he's six and only been in piano for a few months. He wrote the notes to go with each word---so cute!

And I've realized that I have enough room on the counter for one more monkey boy!

Even if they do help themselves to a little too much dough (think fistfuls)!

Julia won her first trophy last night for soccer. She was thrilled! Jack burst into tears and Julia went on to explain that as you get older you just get more awards...to which Jack replied, "Older, Better, Older, Better---I get it!"
Jack went into his room to chill out about it and Julia came down and said that she had given Jack a dollar to make him feel better. Very nice of Julia, but not cool with me!
So, I went up to Jack to have a famous mom talk and told him how much I loved him and how wonderful he is and then said, "Now Jack, do you really need people to give you money to make you feel better?" And he said, "Only sometimes Mom".
I then explained that he didn't and told him to take his time to be ready to go down and give Julia a hug and congratulate her on her trophy. I told him he needed to wait until he really meant it. One thing I love about Jack is that he took this totally seriously. He waited about 45 minutes and came downstairs and gave Julia a big hug and said, "Julia, good job on soccer, I'm really proud of you". It was sincere & darling!

4 comments:

Craig and Cricket said...

holy cow...I just love your Jack. He is so cute! Love the fistful of cookie dough...they must be in heaven!

Discovery Preschool said...

i love your kids and all the stories! I can just picture jack contemplating all of that! And sometimes jake giving me money does make me feel better:)

Rob and Mare said...

Hey, I just wanted to thank you for your phone calls and reassurrance on everything. I was clueless those first couple of weeks:)
Also, please let me know if there's anything I can do for your little family right now. Poor Luke, I hope he feels better soon.

Cari said...

I love your kids! You are doing such a good job teaching them.

I hope you know you, Luke, and the whole family are in our thoughts and prayers. We are here if we can help in any way. Hang in there. We love you!