Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Progress





I am so happy to say that Luke is making some progress, although it is slight, I see a definite improvement in the last two days. He will wear the processors for over an hour at a time now. When he takes them off, he hands them back to me with a smile, like he knows that I am going to put them right back on. Most of the 50 times a day of putting them back on, there is less of a fight. And yes, 50 times is much better than 200 times!

We still haven't figured out how to keep them on in the car, but I am going to try some different beanies for him to wear.

I am still not completely sure what he is hearing with them on, he doesn't seem to respond to everything. But, he definitely turns his head to sounds like knocking on the wall or loud abrupt sounds. So, either he is not bothered by just the normal sounds of the tv or all of us talking or he is not completely picking that all up. Either way, I am just thankful he is tolerating wearing them more and more everyday. Wahoo!

3 comments:

Discovery Preschool said...

oh.. it was so fun to see you guys on christmas.. your kids are all so sweet! i wish i could chat with you more often.. i think i would have better perspective.. you are wise and a wonderful wonderful mother. hope you had a good new years!!

Debbie Savage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Savage said...

Hi Cortney! I have been thinking about you. Please let me know when I can call. I am so glad his surgery went well. I miss you like crazy!!!