Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Slow and Steady wins the Race!

Luke is making slow, but steady progress and steady is a BIG deal! I will never again have one of my children have one of those standard hearing screening tests where they drop the object in the bucket with every sound without being totally grateful for their gift of hearing. This has been hard work for battery operated ears, but Luke is finally getting the idea of hear the sound, drop the toy in the bucket.



There are six sounds that make up all of language: ahhh, oooo, eeee, mmmm, shhhh, ssss. So, we do these listening checks everyday to see if Luke is picking up on each sound. This has taken months to get to this point where he will respond to each sound---again, slow, but steady!

2 comments:

Cari said...

That's so awesome Cortney! He's such a doll! And you are doing a great job. Miss you guys! I feel like it's been a long time even though it really hasn't. :) Glad to see you are doing well. Love you!

K'Lyn said...

I loved that you shared this! He is doing so well! So are you...you have those sound down!! :) I bet you are all learning so much I love it! I am going to be so much more aware of the sounds in speech now.