Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School....





Julia woke up bright and early and was ready to go with her backpack looking bigger than her and looking absolutely darling!
I am a little nervous for her very long day---she leaves at 7:30 and gets home at 4:20---ridiculous 4 day school week! But, I know she will love it, she has a great teacher this year, Mr. Sotutu---I am so proud of her and am so excited for her to have a great 2nd grade year! I just love my sweet Julia!

It would be a major understatement to say that Jack was excited for school to start. He was showered, dressed and ready by 8:00---the bus wasn't coming to get him until 12:15!
He came downstairs, feeling like hot stuff and said, "are you ready to take my picture?"
So, there he was, waiting....
He would alternate looking at the side window, he sat on the front porch for over an hour waiting, we started taking silly pictures while we waited and he waited some more....



And then the time finally came---only ten more minutes until he was off into the big world of kindergarden---I of course frantically tried to make sure I had taught him everything he needed to know---you know the basics: use your good manners, raise your hand if you want to say something, don't tuck your shirt into your underwear, i love you and i'm so proud of you!
And he was off---just like that, no turning back, he's off! I love him so much! (and he looked so dang cute too!)Now to these two little guys wondering what's going on---Adam waved and said, "OOOOh, bye Gack" and of course he will be so excited to see his "Ju Ju" when she gets home.
Luke is just chillin wondering where all the noise has gone, he'll quickly remember that Adam makes enough noise for everyone!

5 comments:

Cari said...

Oh, I love those beautiful children! That must have been a hard morning waiting and waiting! How exciting though. I love that picture of Jack and Adam! Priceless times.

Rob and Mare said...

Jack's in kindergarden?!?! I feel like he should still be a toddler. He is such a handsom cute little boy. And Julia looked adorable in her dress and big back pack. When I was reading your post I got the same nervous/ sick to my stomach feeling I got on my first day back to school. That's so cool your kids were excited:) The pics are way cute too. I love the one of you and Jack

Debbie Savage said...

So, sweet! I think I will fall apart when Emi goes off for her first day of Kindergarten. :)

Melissa said...

I love all the pictures! The kids look so cute and Julia and Jack look so grown-up. I love Julia's dress.

Mindy said...

First days are so fun!!! I love all of your kids' pictures!
I tagged you on my blog, it's an easy one!