Friday, December 5, 2008

Pictureless

I have been sooo bad at pictures lately---I brought my camera to all of our Thanksgiving festivities, but did I take one picture? No! Even though I have no pictures to prove it, we did have a great Thanksgiving. I am really excited for Christmas!
Julia and Jack are really excited too---Julia of course has analyzed over the past year why there is no possible way that Santa could be real because in her words: first, he used the same wrapping paper that she saw me buy at the store and second, santa might be a real person, but there is NO WAY there are flying reindeers. I am not going to lie to her, so I just say if you believe then he's real---then she replies, "well, I'm going to pretend to believe so that Jack will believe."
Jack is at a magical age for Christmas and has asked for a pogo stick for months. I cannot think of another toy that would so perfectly match Jack's personality!
I've been trying to get Adam excited for Christmas, but he's not quite catching on to the whole concept of it all. When I ask him what he wants for Christmas he says, "make bread with mommy"-- He is my little baker helper, so that works out well!
Luke is obviously clueless, but who cares about what holiday it is when you are happy and laughing everyday?! The kids know how to make Luke laugh with peek-a-boo, and boy does he laugh---another thing I need to use my camera (video) for!
I took Luke to his 6-month appointment and they confirmed to me what I already know--he's big! He is 29 inches long and weighs 21 pounds. I didn't think it was possible to grow eight inches in six months, but I guess it is! Aaron informed me that means he has grown one inch every 18 days. All that sleep has done it's job!
Adam has coined a hilarious new term---when I ask him if he is a big boy or a baby, he always replies, "a biggie"---I guess thats the toddler version of a tween!
I will make up for lack of pictures with family pictures to come---I am excited that the same lady that did our pictures in July will be taking them again this week. I actually do not like the stress of getting pictures done at all, but I'm glad to have them when it's all done!

3 comments:

Cari said...

Reading about Jack wanting a pogo stick brought back a flood of memories of Jake. He LOVED his. He even jumped on it to music for a talent show once. Funny.

Julia is so smart. What a good sister to play along for Jack!

What a sweetie that Adam is! He just wants to spend time with you for Christmas...what more could a mom want!

And Luke...I just want to hug him. What a cutie!

You've got a great family and I can't wait to see your pictures. Just remind Adam he's a biggie now and biggies smile in pictures! :) It'll be so cute!

Mindi B said...

Yeah, what's up with the growing babies?! We took Landon to his six month appointment and the doctor said he was in the 115% for height - what?! Crazy!

Rob and Mare said...

Yeah I'm excited for the pictures! Will Adam be upside down and without clothes??? haha, he's so cute! He kept on calling me "Blue" on Thanksgiving weekend. It was cute. Good luck with the pictures! And I'm excited to see you guys in a couple weeks!!!