Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mother of the Year

I almost have no words to describe how bad I feel about this!

Tonight I decided it was a good time to cut the boys' hair. Ezra first, he did good, looks a lot more blonde now! Next up, Luke---he didn't totally need a hair cut, but since I was doing the other boys, I thought why not? I had an extra capri sun from some baseball treats, well this is a huge treat for Luke because we just don't give him junk food. So, I thought this is great, he'll drink the capri sun while I cut his hair. I got the bottom half done, number 2, looking good!
Capri sun is starting to get low, he's starting to get squirmy, he takes the straw out and puts it back in to get those last precious sips. Right as he sucessfully gets the straw back in, Ezra is freaking out as Adam is trying to get him out of the bathroom as I'm telling Adam to play with baby Ezra, and Luke is as still as can be, going in for his last bit of drink and I have a fleeting thought, "Here's my chance to get the top while he is so still." One short stroke and GASP! I hold my hand to my mouth in total shock and start to cry----The guard wasn't on!!!! I took off the number 2 to put on the number 4 all at the same time as the screaming Ezra and Adam chaos erupted. But, obviously number 4 wasn't on yet!

I was/am sick about this! My handsome Luke now has a shaved portion of hair/no hair!
I was literally crying and Jack came in and was so cute and calm. He put his hand on my arm and said, "Mom, it's ok, it was just a mistake, everyone will know it was a mistake because no one would do that on purpose!"

I've tried to spike up the rest of his hair and that helped a little. I tried to do some type of comb over, but that only covers up a little. It's just going to be a long few weeks until it grows out! Good thing he is so dang handsome and good thing he enjoyed that capri sun because right after that last sip, he just ran off, happy as can be!

He's watching a movie on the laptop in most of these pictures, that's why he's looking down.
First just focus on that darling face, can't really notice anything from this angle:

Luke thinking up some payback for me for years to come!

The spikes help, a litte:

No, the spikes helped A LOT because the combover action did not work!


I am so sorry Luke, but good thing you are so dang cute, you could rock any hairstyle! And no, I will not be looking into the hairstylist profession!

3 comments:

Rob and Mare said...

Oh Cort, it happens to all of us. Really. I did that to not only one client, but TWO! It was awful. Luckily Luke is a little boy who could probably care less about his hair.
I'm so sorry though. Luke is darling no matter what!=)

Cari said...

It's not as bad as I pictured it. Really. :) That will grow back in no time! :) At least he's still little and doesn't care.

I'm still laughing at Jack's comment!

Unknown said...

That is awesome! It shows some great personality!!!!