Thursday, October 16, 2008

Good intentions...

So, I always think of these grand ideas and a lot of times they don't really work out like I envisioned. Maybe I just have a too creative mind and I need to set my expectations a little lower!
Jack had a fun day at Nana & Baba's house and Julia and I wanted to make him a little party for when he got home with Aaron. So...she sprang into action, like she always does--with cards, signs to hang up and colored balloons, etc. All of that was cute, but then I got out a cake pan that makes six little cakes and had this grand idea to make six little cakes with all different colors of frosting. Six is better than one, right?
Well, this is how it turned out:
And yes, thats Adam mixing all the colors for his cake! I think I've mentioned this before on this blog, but cake decorating is not one of my strengths.




I did hang this up on the wall and it looked as cute as I envisioned:

3 comments:

melanie said...

you are such a good mom cortney. what a fun surprise for jack to come home to.

Cari said...

Oh, I love that girl! I can only imagine how fun that was for Jack! So fun!

I love the wreath!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Hey, you sound a little like me. BTW, out of all the cookie/frosting recipes that I was given (I got 5), I tried your sour cream cookies first and they were...DELICIOUS! I still have to improve on making the cookies actually look the shape of the cookie cutter, but your recipe was great! THANKS!