Thursday, October 16, 2008

Parent Teacher Organization

I am the PTO President this year at Grace Elementary, and yes I plan on putting that on my resume and thanks to Sarah Palin I can list it under "executive experience". Now that I posted that whole politics thing, the flood gates are open!
As the PTO President, this is how my house has looked this week:
All of those are Grace Elementary Broncos t-shirts and sweatshirts that nicely showed up in a Fed Ex bundle at my door, just waiting for me to organize them, so everyone would get what they ordered. Again, another activity to accomplish during Adam nap time!
Then there were Red Ribbon Week treats to be prepared. A little goodie with a little slogan on it like "Don't be a Dum Dum, Say no to drugs", "Smarties don't do drugs", you get the idea! Well, there are 170 students at Grace Elementary, which compared to normal school sizes that doesn't sound like a lot, but when you are taping little sayings onto little candies for each child for four different days, it quickly seems like a lot!
So, again I will praise my Julia! My friends and I used to have this little chant, "We are Women and what do we do, We get things done!"---I love that, I love them! Last night, I felt like proclaiming the same thing with the help of my Julia! We got all the bags set out for each class and then a separate smaller bag for each day and just whipped the whole project into an organized mode. Julia begged me to stay up until I was done, and I feel like a bad mom to admit, but that meant she stayed up until midnight! There was no getting her to bed until the task was completed, she was determined and I was very thankful for her help.

3 comments:

Cari said...

Wow. You're good. When I was PTA president, I totally spaced the whole Red Ribbon week.

Don't you love the support you get from other parents sometimes. (I say in a sarcastic tone.) It's always the President that ends up tying up loose ends and getting things done. Good for you for doing such a good job!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

You are brave!!! There is NO way I would take on being PTO president with 4 kids (one being less than a year). I think you have secured a place in the Mom Hall of Fame and maybe you will be chosen to be VP of the US someday. I'll vote for you!

Craig and Sarah Peterson said...

Our little Courtney is really all grown up and not she's the PTA President....Just rule with an iron fist if you have to. I'm sure you'll do great.