Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Eight is Great!

So, I apparently either need to take a photography class or buy a new camera because all my pictures from Jack's birthday are about 3 seconds off! He's either looking away, up or down, like the moment had just passed---3 seconds ago and I finally got around to pushing the darn button!

But, great pictures or not, Jack had a great birthday! He was excited to get out of school early that day and it was so fun to have Grammy & Papa here for him to have a little party with opening his presents. I haven't been so excited to give a present in a long time, but for Jack's birthday this year Aaron & I registered him for the BYU Fathers & Sons Basketball Camp. I don't know who is more excited, Jack or Aaron!
So, I typed up this little letter telling Jack all about it and it was so fun to watch him open it and read it. He's super excited!
Jack is an amazing child that literally brings a smile to my face everyday. He is very obedient and has a strong desire to be good and accomplish a lot in his life. A couple of weeks, we were just talking as a family and Jack asked me and Aaron, "What if you had made good choices your whole life and repented when you needed to and then you were really old and you made a mistake and you were saying your prayers to repent and right then you died, but you hadn't finished your prayer?" We explained to him that Heavenly Father knows your heart, but the whole story just represents Jack----he wants to make sure that he's all squared away! I love that boy so much!

2 comments:

Cari said...

I love Jack! I can only imagine his face when he opened his present. :) What a boy!

Discovery Preschool said...

That Jack.. jake and I always talk about what a good boy he is. THat is an awesome present too. See you guys soon.