Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Chapter--YIKES!

I've decided that I need to blog more, not cute, lots of pictures blog, just blog enough to record what's going on because there's a lot going on!

Last night I got a phone call that I don't think I'm ready for, actually one that has felt like a cloud looming over me as the reality of having four boys sinks in.

"Hi, I'm calling to tell you all about the upcoming scout meetings" She went on to talk about shirts, patches, pins, whatever---I was in a daze thinking about how quickly my Jack has come to this point in his life!
After that I heard a whole slew of words that frankly scared me, "packs, dens, cubs, bears, wolves"---why do all the names sound like they are about to attack me?!

Then the topper, "There is a Scout Day Camp that Jack is invited to in the month of June." "Day Camp?" I ask---where? "At a scout site around Tremonton."

At this point in mind I'm thinking, "you are not driving my barely eight year old to Tremonton with who knows what supervision!" But wait, it gets better, she rattled off the agenda filled with BB guns, zip lines and the list goes on! Now I'm really having to take deep breaths.

So, I did I'm sure I will be kicking myself for in June. I graciously said, "I do have some concerns with transportation for that distance, so I will take Jack and go to the day camp."

Of course she was thrilled with the added help, but she will quickly realize that I am NOT an asset at a scouting event, I am a liability, a safety patrol liability!

3 comments:

Shelli Sivert said...

You crack me up! Ah, Scouts. I'm going to enjoy my Scout free days as loooong as I can.

Cari said...

Well, you know my feelings on scouting so I'll keep my mouth shut and just say, "Have fun and good luck!" Maybe Cricket will let you borrow her cool uniform! :)

Craig and Cricket said...

Cari, I just laughed out loud! And Cort if you want it, you got it! I can't wait to hear all about your camp fun!