Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sleeping Angels!



So, last night Julia wanted to have a camp out in the the boys' room, so we got jack's mattress on the ground and she got her sleeping bag all in place. Then, the real fun began because I quietly left the room and told them they could stay up talking, but they had to stay in their beds. Well, the computer was just outside the the boys room, so while I was looking at the news, etc. I was able to listen in on all the fun!
It was so darling to hear those two getting Adam to go to sleep. Julia would softly sing "I am a child of God" and then Jack would chime in and so not softly would add his rendition! They sat and talked about what their favorite primary songs were and told funny jokes and laughed at each other and Julia explained to Jack all about how alarm clocks worked!
Somehow sleeping chilldren can have such a renewing effect on you! I just sat here and listened in as they slowing winding down and went to sleep and I was so thankful that I was their mom and that we have been blessed with such beautiful children!

1 comment:

Cari said...

Priceless. That's one of my favorite things to hear what kids talk about when they think you're not listening. My heart melted when I read that they were singing "I am a Child of God" to Adam. You have some adorable children!