Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Those are boy feet!


It's a boy!! I wasn't supposed to get my ultrasound until next week, but I had to take Adam into the dr. today in logan and while I was sitting there waiting, the thought came to me that I was in the same building as my obgyn---maybe they could squeeze me in for an ultrasound today! Well, I called and they did--I was actually kinda surprised. In some ways I didn't really have enough time to be nervous. So, when we got done with Adam's appt., we ran to walmart to load up on treats, stickers, etc. to keep the boys quiet during the ultrasound. So, within a few minutes of it, I just knew it was a boy. I guess I've been through enough of these! So, then she confirmed it and then I said, "well, are you sure thats not the cord or something?" I had to explore that last chance option! She kinda of chuckled and said, "it's pretty obvious--I'm more than sure". So..it's official--it's a boy! I was a little sad at the thought of finality that Julia for sure will not have a sister thats any where near close to her age---even if we have a another child and it's a girl--they would be like 9 or 10 years apart. This made me a little sad, but she is such a strong personality and so wonderful with her brothers that I know everything will be great. I was excited to think that three little boys will basically all grow up with each other. Julia will continue to be such an example to them and will nurture them like she already does! And Jack, it's so funny because Jack just speaks for himself--I almost don't even have to say anything! He will definitely not have a problem being the trailblazer of the group. And Adam absolutely will not get lost in the shuffle---he is way too strong willed for that. I just love them all so much. I must say, I had a few moments of feeling let down, but then when I saw the little baby's face and his lips moving around---we bonded! I honestly felt an instant love for him!
Now, I hope I can prepare myself for this! I actually never pictured myself as a mom of boys, but then they come and just melt my heart! And anyone that knows me, knows how strongly I love my Julia!
Aaron is really excited too--he reminded me how fun it was for him to grow up with brothers. I am so thankful for what a great dad he is--I soooo could not do it without all of his help and support.
So, I guess I'll hurry and get that girl bedding out of the baby room and start thinking blue!

1 comment:

Cari said...

First of all, Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy to have another darling nephew! Julia called and told Cole then hung up. (I guess. I wasn't home and Cole didn't tell me until later in the evening so I didn't get a chance to call yet. Thanks Cole. )

I can HONESTLY say, I know exactly how you feel! :) Never in a million years did I think I would have a house full of boys! But, even though they are driving me crazy right now (teenage boys are definitely a different breed!), I do feel a special bond between us that I don't feel with my girls. I feel close to my girls too, but it's different. I can't explain it but it's cool. And if you do happen to have another girl someday, the age difference between Julia and her won't matter. There was an instant bond between Beth and Emma. They talk on the phone and have fun with each other when they're together. You have a close family so no matter what, they'll all be friends!

Anyway, sorry for the long comment. I'm happy you have a blog now! I'm going through blog withdrawls and I'm thinking I'm going to have to re-open mine.

I love you and I'll talk to you soon.