Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cookies, Cookies...

I recently saw a quote from Hillary Clinton that said, (I'm paraphrasing, but the cookie part is exact!) "I guess I could've stayed home a baked cookies all day, but I wanted to make a difference..." Ok, in all honestly I don't know about the making a difference part, but that was the main jist of it.
Well, I choose to make cookies, maybe not all day, but lately, everyday! Adam and I are getting in this great and horrible habit of making cookies everyday after he wakes up from his nap---it all starts when he goes and gets a bowl and says in the cutest voice ever, "make cookieeeees". And then how can I resist him telling me, "good mommy" with every ingredient I add.
If you can't handle the idea of little feet being a bit too close to cookie dough and then little fingers finding their way into the dough then please don't eat the cookies from our house. Oh, and the Bumbo on the counter---a big no, no, but I was standing there the entire time!

3 comments:

Shelli Sivert said...

I always put the bumbo on the counter. What else are they good for? Isn't it funny how we feel like we have to make disclaimers about the things that go on in our house? Perfectly normal things? That's the whole reason I wrote the explanation about why we still swaddle Jed--because some people have acted weird about it. Every mother (and person) does things to bend the rules a bit, right?

Cari said...

You are making a huge difference by spending time with your children unlike those who chose to have "the village" raise their kids! :)

Monica Buchanan said...

I totally do the bumbo on the counter too. It just makes cooking dinner easier.