Thursday, November 13, 2008

Too much on the brain!!!

Please refer back to previous posts about never getting that perfect picture with everyone looking and smiling! And I know, it looks as if Luke will soon be holding Jack instead of the other way around!
Anyone that knows me or I should say knows me well, knows that I get really into the news, issues, etc.
I remember as a teenager I heard this lady in church say that she just can't watch the news, it just makes her cry. At the time I thought this was the most annoying thing I had ever heard because I thought you have to watch the news, you must be informed, etc. Being informed on issues, current events, etc. is basically like a commandment to me.
But, I have to admit I am almost getting to the point of that lady in church. The news doesn't make me want to cry---it makes me want to scream! If I see another sound bite from the 50 million Sarah Palin interviews since the election has been over I think I will scream---15 minutes are up---please go home or moose hunting or whatever, just go! Not that I like the replacement news much more---let's change our minds yet again about how to spend this $700 billion and while we're at it let's add a billion more here and there and everywhere--it's like being Santa Claus with a noose---let's find our top 1,000 ways to raise taxes in our first 3 days of office---and the spin on the whole Prop 8 is driving me batty, if you can't already tell---
I hardly ever watch TV, I actually read all this news online, cnn, msnbc, fox news, ksl all among the daily reads, but today while trying to find a cartoon I watched just a few minutes of the View, needless to say after 5 minutes of watching I emailed Whoopi four different times (mostly because you could only have 250 characters per email) about how misguided her comments were---really, is Whoopi really going to read my emails or is she really going to care or change her views because of me---i'm thinking no!
So...this brings me to my point---is it really so bad to take a break from the news? I think that is what I need. I am still strong on my stances, I still want to know an overall picture of whats going on, but really I can't handle the half-truths, the twisting and turning of everyone's spin and agenda any longer.
Back to those that know me well, they know that I always have "just one more thing" to say--so here it is---On Prop 8, one thought: I am saddened to see so many members of the Church make comments and posts about how the Church is sorta right, but sorta not right and they agree with what the Church has said kinda, but how they would've done it this way or that way differently---seriously---take a step out of this crazy world we live in and look at the whole picture and wake up! You can love all of God's children and still have conviction--I promise it's possible--look at our amazing Prophet and then look again and listen!
Ok, I'm done--no more, back to cute & silly children stories!

4 comments:

Cari said...

I can't read comments on news stories anymore. 90% of them are 100% ignorant and I can't take it. I have been know to yell at the computer after reading them.

Hey Jude! said...

The kids are so cute! I love all your family pictures!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

You definitely make me laugh! What makes me laugh so much is that you live in Grace ID where life is so different from big city politics and you still choose to care! Good for you!!! Many people would say, "It doesn't effect me." Little do they know!

Debbie Savage said...

Missing you! Your family is so adorable! I am admire you for keeping abreast on the latest issues..I need a tutorial from you!