Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lukey Lu...

Luke is now almost 5 months old---he is such a wonderful baby that I love so very much. He is pretty mellow, although he has discovered a very high pitch scream. It is sometimes a mix between a scream and a squeal, but it's always really high pitched! He is a sleeper---he reminds me a lot of Jack as a baby--loves to sleep and grow a lot! In fact, I saw this picture of Jack & Julia when Jack was about Luke's age and it really reminded me of Luke.
I scanned this picture and I can't figure out how to make the actual picture bigger, but you get the idea---chubby cheeks, big eyes, really cute! That's just how Luke is right now!
Five months has flown by and I am actually hoping that the next four or five months fly by too because Luke has to wear a helmet to reshape his head for the next 4-5 months. A couple of weeks ago he had a cast made of his head and then they make a helmet from that mold that will reshape the head to be more round and symmetrical. The reason he needs this is because since he was born he always turns his head to the left while he sleeps, so he has developed a flat area on that left side mostly. The helmet will reshape his head during the next few months. It is the best time to do this while he is still young. But, I must say he is so dang cute that he can even do a helmet and be darling!

3 comments:

Craig and Cricket said...

Okay, I have to say that he is the cutest little guy ever! Helmet and all!!! I think your smart to take care of it now.

Cari said...

He is so dang cute! I've known of a lot of kids that have worn helmets. I think since they started suggesting babies sleep on their backs (it used to be that babies slept on their tummies until SIDS), more and more babies are having the same problem. (Max probably should have had one.) Anyway, I love his expressions! What a cutie!!!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

He looks good in a helmet!!! Now when people joke that he has helmet hair, he has a good reason!!!